Service / Repair your pinball machine in Indianapolis

Yesterday I made a trip up to the Fishers on the northside of Indianapolis to check out Ace Gameroom, which opened it’s doors in November of 2008. Ace Game Room sells everything you might need for your upper end gameroom, neon signs, pool tables, bars and of course, arcade games and pinball machines. This isn’t necessarily something that your average collector is interested in as they tend to decoration their gamerooms with one of kind signs and classic authentic game artwork. However, Ace Game Room is smart in that they have positioned themselves as the pinball collectors friend, and I was impressed.

Ace Gameroom Pinball Service Center Fishers Indiana

(more…)

Super Auction Prices Pinball Expo 2008

On Friday night I made a quick mention of some of the final prices at the Pinball Expo 2008 Super Auction. I finalized the photos with prices and have them loaded up in a gallery. Don’t be too surprised when you don’t see very many classic games though. 😉

Caveman Pinball Cabinet Artwork
“Oh, Oh! And boom goes the dynamite” says the Caveman.

(more…)

Pinball Expo 2008 Super Auctions Notes

It’s late and I am beat after a 5:45 start to the day. But I thought I would post a short note now that it is 2:15 am about some of the arcade game results from the Super Auction at Pinball Expo 2008.

Pinball Expo 2008

(more…)

Chicago Pinball Expo Convention 2008

I have the opportunity to attend the Chicago Pinball Expo this year and am really looking forward to it. Chris Moore has already taken some cell phone photos from the Pinball Expo opening day and although I know little about pinball, it looks as though this will be a great opportunity to play some one of a kind games.

My question is, what sort of information do people want to know about this Pinball convention that isn’t already readily available?

Pinball Expo 2008 Website Banner

(more…)

Flip Flop pinball deal in Indianapolis, IN

About two weeks ago an old EM Flip Flop pinball game came up on Craigslist for $100. Tempting to me, but I have enough going on that I didn’t need any more projects and I didn’t pursue this pinball. Sounds like it wouldn’t have mattered, about 30 people contacted the seller but someone I know ended up with it. (more…)

Little Chief Pinball Sold!

Close up of Little Chief Playfield

That was pretty easy! I found a buyer named Dan in Carmel who came over yesterday and bought the Williams Little Chief off the owner in Castleton.

We helped our own cause in the sale when the owner put the game back together first, including the back display back. I found out later it had not been attached in two years, so I was relieved the pinball still worked. He powered up the game, it was a little glitchy at first but did play a couple of full games. The buyer says that the Little Chief needed an adjustment made to the main logic in relation to the scoring unit, and the “gate” needed some work as well. But a great deal on a classic pinball in the Indianapolis area.

The Night Rider pinball machine is still for sale. Hope to get some video of that pinball in action soon. $400 and it’s yours.

Edit ~ I find this a little strange. I had never heard of Little Chief before, but all of a sudden a second machine comes up for sale in Rossville, IN on Craigslist? I don’t think this was our buyer, that would be really rotten to relist for $1900, but it is another nice looking instance of this Williams pinball, even if the seller (765-379-2429) has the year and the name are wrong.

Little Chief and Night Rider Pinball’s for sale, Indianapolis

Someone in the Indianapolis area contacted me about these two pinballs that they have for sale. One is a William’s Little Chief and the other is a Bally Night Rider. Both were bought new from the factory back in the 70’s and have only ever been used in a home setting, the Little Chief doesn’t even have coin mechs in it. However, the cabinets have a little more wear and tear to them than a normal HUO pinball / arcade game machine.

William's Little Chief PinballBally Night Rider Pinball

Click on the thumbnails above to check out the galleries for more images of the games (Little Chief – Left, Night Rider – Right). I tried to get as many photos of them as I could, the playfield, the condition of the cabinet, the backglass, etc. etc. I am not a huge pinball guy myself, but I told the guy that I would see what I could do to sell the pinball machines for him. He is looking for $650 for the pair, OBO. The Little Chief works, and you can see that the Night Rider powers up, but he said there was something funny about one of the connections in that pinball. I didn’t play either of them, kind of crunched for time. I wouldn’t know what to look for if there was anything wrong with the Bally Night Rider at all.

If you are interested at all in these two classic pinballs, let me know. I am going to hold out on my own personal search until I find a more recent pin, like a Batman or a Jurassic Park or something to add to my gameroom:)