Classic Arcade Game Forum -

Classic Arcade, Pinball and Console Collecting Gaming Community

I just bought an area 51 machine, and i have been reading that there is a way that you can add maximum force to make it a duo but read that i need a duo board or something. I took a picture of it and im wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be compatible with the kit that you buy to add maximum force. Also I was wondering how hard it is to change a board to a different shooting game that is compatible with the JAMMA arcades. Would it be as simple as buying the new board and installing the rom onto the hardrive then hooking it all up again? Thank you for your help in advance.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to the conversion notes this Atari title has its own unique pinout. So it is not that of the Jamma class. Meaning you wont be able to swap in a jamma board game shooting or otherwise. However as you have pointed out it seems as though it can be converted to the Maximum Force / Hybrid title. Whether that means it is totally swappable is beyond me or that some other mod is needed in order for it to work. I guess i would start by looking and comparing the pinouts between the two and see what possible problems you might encounter. Other than that, i have no clues how to make that work.
Well this was converted from a MK II they just put in the Area 51 board with the gun.

Reply to Discussion


Live Chat

© 2015   Created by Jeff Rothe.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service